What is ARTDOART?
ARTDOART is the first online-gallery in Russia, which brings together artists and connoisseurs of art, helping them to sell and to buy artworks independently.
Wide range of various styles art objects makes it easier for customers to find what they want at any time, in any place without intermediaries. We guarantee that every online purchase made in our store is a secure transaction via Safe Crow service.
Being a social network, ARTDOART enables international communication and experience exchange. We are eager to promote talented artists and to make their art available worldwide.
- What countries does ARTDOART work with?
Our project has an international focus, we are aimed at active cooperation with China, European and American countries.
- How to register in ARTDOART?
To register on the ARTDOART website, you need to click the "Sign in" button in the right corner of the top of our site. Then you fill in the registration form and press the "Sign in" button. A letter with registration confirmation will be sent to your mail. You need to open this letter and follow the link. After that, your registration will be completed.
If you have any difficulties with registration, you can watch our video review at the link: https://artdoart.com/page/videorukovodstvo
- What needs to be filled at the sign in stage?
At the sign in stage you need to fill in the registration form, indicating your personal data.
- What materials should I become familiar with before signing in?
- What are the rules on the site?
- How to become a buyer?
To become a buyer, you need to sign in. You can do this before purchasing a work or after adding a work to the shopping cart.
- How to become one of the artists?
To become ARTDOART’s artist, you need to register on the site. When registration is completed, you should fill out a personal profile: write an autobiography, upload a personal photo and photos of the artworks with their detailed description.
- Can I be both an author and a buyer?
Yes, you can be both an author and a buyer at the same time. You do not need to sign in twice. All actions can be carried out from one profile.
- What can I do on the site?
On the ARTDOART website you can post artworks for sale, buy artworks that you like, subscribe to the artists, appreciate artworks, chat with different artists, read regular articles on art. https://artdoart.com/news
- Can I write to the artist?
Yes, you can write a personal message to the artist. To do this, you need to open the profile of the artist you want to contact with and click on the button "Contact the author", fill out the form and send a message.
- Can I write to the buyer?
Yes, you can contact a buyer through the Direct Messages on the website, as well as by the contacts displayed in the “History” section of Your account.
- What should I do if I forgot the password from my personal account?
If you have forgotten the password from your account, you can recover it. Click on the “Log in” button in the upper right corner, then “Forgot your password?” under the “Password” field. Write your email address, and a password recovery link will be sent to you.
- What should I do if I want to change / delete / edit information in my profile?
If you want to add, change or delete some information, you can do it in Your Account by clicking on the “Edit Profile” button.
- What languages does the site work in?
The site works in Russian and English, and soon will be working in Chinese.
- Who bears the risks of not receiving the money for the goods and failed goods delivery?
- a user who has decided to participate in a direct transaction without the mediation of the site or a secure transactions aggregator, integrated on our site, carries all the risks connected with buying / selling goods. In this regard, we do not recommend you to take an undue risk.
- if a transaction was made via the safe transaction aggregator, then in case of claims, a user needs to contact SafeCrow partner support service to resolve the situation, if a buyer and a seller have not come to mutual assent.
- Can ARTDOART help to arrange a deal?
Yes, we can help to arrange a deal. If you need our help, please contact us at email@example.com. We will consult you about all types of transactions and answer your questions. If necessary, we will arrange a transaction on mutually advantageous terms.
- Can ARTDOART help to arrange delivery?
Yes, we can help to arrange delivery. If you need our help, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will consult you and answer your questions. If necessary, we will arrange delivery on mutually advantageous terms.
- Can ARTDOART give me advice?
Yes, if you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com. We will consult you and answer your questions.
- Can ARTDOART organize an examination/evaluation?
Yes, we can organize an examination and evaluation of an artwork. If you need help in organizing it, please contact us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will condult you and answer your questions.
- Can ARTDOART organize a turnkey deal?
Yes, if you want us to organize a turnkey deal, please contact us by e-mail: email@example.com. We will consult you, answer your questions, and clarify the terms of that deal.
- Can ARTDOART organize the shipping of artworks abroad?
Yes, if you need our assistance in shipping artworks abroad, please contact us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will consult you and answer your questions, as well as tell you the terms of that transaction..
- What requirements should I meet to join ARTDOART?
Any artist with a sufficient level of skill and professionalism can join ArtdoArt. Mostly, our users are members of trade unions, academics and corresponding members. At the same time, we are pleased to welcome talented artists who are at the beginning of their creative path to our community.
- What atrworks does ARTDOART sell?
On the Artdoart gallery website you can buy and sell paintings, drawings and sculptures. Our artists work in all available techniques (tempera, oil, acrylic, watercolor, etc.) and directions (abstractionism, surrealism, expressionism, icon painting, and much more).
- What are the benefits of using ARTDOART?
Artdoart provides artists with a great deal of opportunities: on our site you get access to a serious audience of customers, build long-term relationships with collectors, increase sales, get promotion, increase online awareness and communicate with other artists.
ArtdoArt is an international platform that enables experience exchange, and moves artists to the new level of art development opportunities.
- What is the entry fee for an individual artist?
We do not take entry fees. Artists can join us for free.
- Should I pay for using the site?
Independent artists do not pay for using the site.
- What rights does ARTDOART have on exhibited artworks?
Artists who submit their artworks to the ARTDOART website for an exhibition agree to the following:
- ARTDOART can use selected artwork for display, marketing and promotional purposes. Usage of the image(s) is limited to any ARTDOART publicity including, but not limited to, ads, press releases, event presentations, articles, brochures, catalogs, event mailers, and for use on the ARTDOART website, and on the gallery's social media pages.
- ARTDOART does not claim ownership of the artworks you submit for consideration. All images attached to this website are the property of the respective artist and the artist retains the sole copyright and all other applicable rights to the images.
29.How to checkout personal profile?
After you have registered and confirmed your email address, you need to post information about yourself and upload high-quality images of artworks with a detailed description. Proper profile filling provides you with a high rating, attracts the attention of users and allows your work to get to the top and to the “New” section.
- Do I need to submit an artist bio?
It is required that the artist provide an Artist Bio, written in the third person. This is your opportunity to tell us a little bit about yourself, including your artistic training, inspiration, participation in exhibitions, any special techniques used or anything that you might like people to know about you and your art.
- Why should I download a personal image?
If there is an artist’s photograph, it produces a favorable impression on the buyers and colleagues of the site. The potential buyer sees the identity of the artist and shows great sympathy, in contrast to the impersonal profile.
- How many artworks should I upload to complete my profile?
The more artworks you upload, the more effective your promotion is, hence, the easier it is to increase online awareness. It is advisable to upload more than 10 -15 artworks.
- Why should I subscribe to the other artists?
One of the ARTDOART key features is the social network format: we provide international communication in the field of art. You can share experience, get inspiration, meet professionals and modern outstanding creators.
- How often and why should I upload new artworks?
The activity on the site increase your rating, thus the more often you upload new artworks, the higher your rating is, the easier it will be for users to find you on the Internet, because you get better promotion.
- Why can’t I upload an artwork to the site?
The reasons why an artwork can not be uploaded may be as follows: an outdated version of the browser, an unsupported image format, an image of a small (up to 200 kb) or too large dimension (more than 50 mb).
- Why can’t I upload an artwork through the mobile phone?
We abandoned the function of downloading images from a mobile phone in order to ensure the high quality of downloaded artworks. Images must be uploaded in high resolution in accordance with image requirements.
- Why don’t uploading buttons work?
Try to reload the page or login from another browser of the updated version.
- What should I mention about my artwork?
To pass moderation successfully, we ask you to mention the following characteristics while uploading artworks:
- dimensions (in cm)
- proportions (horizontal, vertical or square)
- section, style and technique of an artwork according to our catalogue
- status of an artwork: avalible/ordered/sold
- sending address
- What are the image requirements?
- Image should be in jpeg format, 72 dpi, highest compression quality of 12.
- Image should not exceed 2MB.
- Image should not contain any frame, mat, or watermark.
- Image should be clear and in focus. Please remember that this image represents your work.
It’s important to upload images in good quality. Bad image quality may decrease chances of passing moderation, as well as publication in the top works and the “New” section.
- Why didn’t my artwork pass moderation?
There are several reasons why an artwork could not pass moderation, namely:
- poor-quality work, low level of performance, not suitable for the site concept.
- bad quality image of the work: the photo is light-struck / the background is not cropped / the image has a small resolution, etc.
- work did not pass censorship (obscene / vulgar image)
- Why hasn’t my artwork been published, if it passed moderation?
If an artwork is moderated, but is not published, then you need to replace the image with a better one (crop the background / remove the light, increase the resolution).
42.When and how will I be notified if my artwork is accepted?
The status of an artwork is displayed in your account in the “Artworks” section. If the artwork passes moderation, the inscription “The work was moderated and published” appears in front of it.
- How much time does the moderation stage take?
An artwork passes moderation within 48 hours from the moment of loading, in labor days.
- Is there any censorship on the site?
Yes, there is censorship on our website, and we make sure that exhibited artworks meet the requirements of morality and ethics, are not vulgar, obscene and do not have the character of pornography.
- Who estimates an artwork?
We offer artists and sculptors to set prices themselves, depending on how much they want to earn from each item. If necessary, you can consult our manager to help you estimate an artwork.
- How would I know that someone wants to buy my artwork?
All inquiries from potential buyers who see an artwork on the Artdoart website are directed to the artist for negotiation. As soon as a buyer makes an order, a letter with transaction details is sent to your email address. Purchasing and selling details are also displayed in “History” section of Your account.
- What happens if someone wants to purchase my artwork?
There are several ways of participation in transactions. Independent users can use the Safecrow secure transaction service or sell artworks directly.
If a secure transaction takes place, a link of confirming will be sent to your email address. Clicking on this link, you go to the payment details page, where you should mention the current account and the bank's BIC, so that Safecrow transfers funds to you after the transaction is completed. ATTENTION: it is not advisable to indicate the payroll card account - it is preferable to use only the current account of the individual.
If you are a certified user, you will receive a notification of purchase, and our manager will contact you to clarify the details of the transaction.
If a direct transaction takes place, you will receive a notification by email. Then, the buyer will contact you to agree on payment and delivery details. Contact details of the buyer are mentioned on the order page. You can also contact the buyer by sending him a personal message on the site.
- What types of users are there?
There are 2 types of users on Artdoart.com: certified and independent user.
Independent user is an authorized user, who has registered and downloaded artworks. He/she uses all the facilities of our online gallery, such as buying and selling artworks, and communicating with other users. The communication is performed without intermediaries; ARTDOART is not responsible for any transactions. Independent users can use the Site services for free.
Certified user is a person who signs a treaty with ARTDOART. The main advantage of the Certified User is the involvement in cooperation of the ARTDOART gallery with Chinese partners and galleries, participation in joint events both in China and in Russia, with subsequent auctions and lot sales.
Certified user has a personal consultant, who helps with selling artworks on every stage of transaction. Moreover, we provide personal promotion with opportunity of creation personal gallery on our platform.
Certified user's avatar is highlighted in red circle.
- How to become a certified user?
Certified users are artists who have shown themselves to best advantage in our gallery. An independent user can become a certified user, after signing a partnership agreement with ARTDOART. If you want to become a certified user, email us at email@example.com.
50.Does ARTDOART promote individual artists?
The best artworks are published in advertising campaigns of our partners’ site and social networks, as well as in groups of the gallery in social networks.
- Can I upload more than one image to the same product? How to do it and what for?
Yes, it is advisable to upload more than one image of an artwork, as it gives a more complete idea of your lot to the buyer.
- How could my artworks get to the main page of the site in the section “New” and “Recommended”?
If you want your artworks to be displayed in the “New” and “Recommended” sections, your profile should be fully completed, artworks uploaded in good quality and resolution, cropped, without glare and baguette shadows. If you meet the requirements, our art historian will select artworks for publication on the main page of the site.
- How Can I Follow the Gallery in Social Media?
Please visit us on all our social media sites by linking from the buttons at the bottom of the page.
54.How Can I Contact ARTDOART?
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the “Gallery” section?
The “Gallery” section is intended for organizations that have their own offline / online platforms, for selling and advertising their lots through the artdoart.com marketplace.
How can a gallery be registered on ARTDOART?
In order to register a gallery on the ARTDOART website, you need to contact us by email: email@example.com. We will give you a detailed account of the terms of cooperation.
What are the advantages of the “Gallery” section?
ARTDOART allows your gallery to get additional promotion and access to a serious audience of buyers and artists, to build long-term relationships with collectors, and to take part in our events.
Can foreigners register on the site?
ARTDOART is an international platform, so we are glad to see all nationalities representatives among our users . An artist from any country can sign in and sell his artworks after passing moderation.